Risk and Compliance Program
Purpose: The purpose of risk management is to minimize risks and to take actions that provide protection when your unit is faced with crises and challenges.
Risk & Compliance Best Practices:
• Ensure that all permanent records are passed over to the financial officers in the unit.
• Execute a document retention/ destruction policy.
• Identify hazards that could impact your unit’s ability to conduct business.
• Do not post negative remarks, photos, etc. on social media.
• Demonstrate financial integrity and transparency.
• Review risk policies and evaluate their effectiveness.
• Conduct periodic risk and compliance assessments, no matter the size of your unit.
• Confirm that your unit has filed the IRS Form 990 as required.
• Make unbiased judgements.
• Analyze what can go wrong, how likely it is to happen, what the potential consequences are and how acceptable the risk is.
Always know where to go, when to go and how to use available resources to keep your unit functioning properly.
Risk and Compliance Committee
Chair: Sarah Elam, PDP
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Risk & Compliance Program
Risk & Compliance One-Page Summary – 2023-2024