Children and Youth Program
The Children & Youth program emphasizes protecting, caring for and supporting children and youth, particularly those of veterans and military families.
What can you do?
1. Support Children and Youth in your community.
Youth Hero Awards/Good Deed Awards: This is the way the ALA can recognize and reward the positive actions of youth in our communities who demonstrate good citizenship, either through a brave physical act or a good deed.
2. Support military children and youth.
- Kids of Deployed are Heroes 2 (KDH): This is a recognition program for military children who experience extended separation from one or both parents, either through deployment or extended temporary duty assignments.
- Partner with local organizations, such as the Boys and Girls Club, to advance programs for military children and other youth.
3. Support Children and Youth of our veterans.
- Some of our homeless veterans have children living on the streets with
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) affiliated with the American Legion Family
4. Support Children and Youth of “Our Military Kids”.
- “Our Military Kids” supports children of deployed National Guard and Reserve service members, as well as those of wounded veterans from all service branches, with grants to participate in chosen activities.
5. Support Children and Youth of Virginia by meeting your reporting deadlines.
- Year-end reports are annual reports reflecting the program work of our units and may result in national awards for participants who meet the requirements and are due April 15, 2023.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE
Chair: Carol Campbell
Email Address: CnY@vaauxiliary.org
Vice Chair: Ginger Harvey
Advisor: Nancy Harding, PDP
CHILDREN AND YOUTH PROGRAM
Children-and-Youth One Page 2022 2023