What is The ALA Legislative Program?
The Legislative program provides information and assistance to The American Legion Auxiliary members to advocate for the legislative agenda of The American Legion.
What Can You Do?
- Be Knowledgeable? You can download (TALA Legislative Advocacy Guide). Be sure to log onto our National website: http://www.legion-aux.org/ . Remember knowledge is power.
- Identify Your Legislators. Go to: https://virginiageneralassembly.gov/
- Make your voice heard. GET OUT AND VOTE, encourage others to do the same.
- Visit the Legion’s legislative website, www.legion.org/legislative, to keep current on legislative priorities. The site also contains the Legion’s legislative priority sheets and point papers, available for download.
- Subscribe to the Legion’s Legislative Action Alerts to receive notification when they call on all Legion Family members to take immediate action on a topic.
- Subscribe to the Legion’s Legislative Update to stay informed on veteran and military legislative issues. Report to your unit chairman when you have subscribed.
The American Legion Auxiliary has been and will continue to be a strong advocate for veterans and national security issues promoted and supported by The American Legion.
Legislative One Page Summary 2022-2023
Legislative Year End Report
Working Program Summary Sheet