The American Legion Auxiliary
Department of Virginia
2021-2022 Education Summary Plan
The Education Program promotes the American Legion Auxiliary’s (TALA) role in providing quality education for children and adults through classroom activities, literacy programs, scholarship promotion and support of education beyond high school, with a special emphasis on children of veterans and servicemembers.
Key Program Statements
- To promote quality education for children, especially for military children, and adults
- To encourage schools to invite veterans to speak in their classrooms
- To provide scholarships for students who desire a college education
- To support legislation that establishes new scholarship opportunities
- To support the Education program and scholarship opportunities of The American Legion
What Can You Do?
- Enhance respect for the sacrifices of our military heroes among schoolchildren by scheduling Veterans in Community Schools programs at local schools.
- Promote TALA scholarships, and award local scholarships at the department and unit levels.
- Support Give 10 to Education, American Education Week and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Assist and support veterans pursuing higher education and vocational education.
- Assist and support military children with educational opportunities.Reports: The Year-End report is due by April 15, 2022. Please mail your reports to Carol Campbell, 7787 Roseberry Farm Drive, Manassas, VA, or email to email@example.com.
Chair: Carol Campbell
Email Address: Education@vaauxiliary.org
Vice Chair: Linda Altstaetter
Advisor: Frances Shelton, PDP
2021-2022 Education One Page Summary