Cultivating the Next 100 Years of Service
The Education Program promotes the American Legion Auxiliary’s role in providing quality education for children and adults through classroom activities, literacy programs, scholarship promotion, and support of education beyond high school, with a special emphasis on children of veterans and service members.
- Give 10 to Education: Please donate school supplies to your local schools and take a picture of your unit delivering them! Please send your pictures to Claire and post it to twitter at #ALAVAgives10
- Backpack Drive: Pack a backpack with school supplies and donate them to local military bases, schools, or homeless shelters
- Box Tops for Education: Please collect and donate Box Tops to your local schools- keep track of your collection total for reporting!
- Veterans in the School Community Programs: Collaborate with local schools to bring veterans into the classroom during related History units and near military and veteran related national holidays
- Scholarships: All applications will be available online.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: May 4-May 8, 2020
- National Teacher Day: May 5, 2020
- American Education Week: November 18-22, 2019
- VA SOL Testing: April 13- June 26, 2020
- National Read Across America Day: March 2, 2020
Chair: Claire Gallagher
Email Address: Education@vaauxiliary.org
Vice Chair: Ruthann Brown
Advisor: Susan Lee, PDP
Download: Education Summary Sheet
2019 – 2020 Programs Action Plan – Education